Some of the features that make IMUs a great solution for housing.
- IMU’s are fully insulated robust, structurally self supporting construction. Units may be designed for autonomous living, and may also be customized and combined for different use configurations, such as common area amenity space, office, service, vertical access, as the program requirements dictate.
- A typical IMU accommodation may include a bedroom/living room, kitchenette, bathroom including fixtures, finishes and furnishings. Modified or combined IMUs can be finished to provide office, lounge, laundry and service uses to support the accommodation units.
- IMU’s are constructed as an insulated self supporting corten and carbon steel panels with insulated operable windows with screens and window coverings, insulated steel doors and weather stripping to ensure environment comfort.
- IMU’s are integrally shop finished painted interior and exterior metal construction, providing a much higher degree of durability and damage resistance that traditional paint and drywall type constructions. Built in cabinetry and finishes compliments the suite décor.
- The construction methods and materials contribute to improved occupant comfort, health and hygiene; durable metal wall finishes and minimal seams allow easy cleaning and pest control compared to traditional site constructed finish systems.
- IMUs can be provided with insulation specifications to suite the local climate conditions. IMUs may also be specified with solar panels to utilize solar energy for environmentally friendly and efficient energy consumption.
- Individual modular units systems can assume virtually any configuration to service specific requirements; and the IMUs can be stacked in self supporting structures up to 4 stories in height to create multiple level housing solutions. Multi-level IMU systems are designed to more efficiently utilize space, particularly in an urban setting.
- IMU Systems can be transported and relocated extremely efficiently because their dimensions correspond to established transportation infrastructure standards.
- IMU architecture also allows for quick assembly and disassembly as well standardized connection to power and water sources. This permits adaptive reuse and relocation of units.